Ideas for Used Coffee Grounds
Your Used Coffee Grounds can be a bit messy and cause plumbing issues, so here are some ideas we hope will help you and the environment.
Two things you DON’T want to try doing with them.
- Rinse down the sink – you’ll eventually have to hire a plumber.
- Reuse them – yuk!
OK, so, what can you do with them?
- Coffee grounds are a deodorizer. Dump them in your trash, and they will help reduce garbage smells.
- They are useful in your garden and plants. They are high in nitrogen and will also help retain water.
- Because they retain water, they are useful if you compost, helping break down other materials.
- Dry them, use them in places you want to deodorize.
- Or just toss them in the garbage; you’re helping the landfill break down its trash!
We hope you have some better ideas on what to do with your used coffee grounds. Farmer’s Almanac has some more ideas like a bug repellant, an exfoliant, and a deicer!