What is the shelf life of roasted coffee?
The answer to “What is the shelf life of roasted coffee” is: When properly stored, freshly roasted whole bean coffee will remain fresh-tasting for 3-4 weeks after roasting.
Here are some tips to help you keep your roasted coffee fresh.
- As mentioned elsewhere, it needs to be kept sealed airtight, with a one-way vent in a dark place, like your pantry. NEVER store beans in your refrigerator or freezer.
- Beyond 4 weeks, you will notice that even our Roast 2 Order coffee isn’t as fresh tasting. However, It will taste better than anything you buy on a retail shelf since those coffees are typically 3 to 6 months old at purchase.
- If you don’t consume OUR coffee within 3 months, it will taste like many of the other coffees you find retail, bitter, and may cause acid reflux in your digestive system…YUK!
- Our recommendation is, buy what you need for a 1 month supply. We offer a convenient “coffee subscription service” in which we automatically roast and ship the same quantity and type of coffee you like without any intervention on your part! It is easy to change the quantity and types at any time!
- Invest in a high-quality and stylish air-tight canister to seal in the freshness of your roasted coffee.
Thank you for the great information on shelf life for your fresh roasted coffees. We are enjoying them so the shelf life for us is very short!
LOL! Liz, that’s exactly how you want to enjoy our roasts, glad to hear you are!!!